Level : 3
Accreditation status : Accredited
Credit Equivalency : 120
Total Qualification Time (TQT): 1200 Hrs
GHL: 830 Hrs
An Ofqual Regulated Qualification
All units are 10 credits in value. These units have been designed from a learning time perspective, and are expressed in terms of Total Qualification Time (TQT). TQT is an estimate of the total amount of time that could reasonably be expected to be required for a student to achieve and demonstrate the achievement of the level of attainment necessary for the award of a Qualification. TQT includes undertaking each of the activities of Guided Learning, Directed Learning and Invigilated Assessment. Each 10-credit unit approximates to a TQT of 100 hours incorporating either 65 or 75 hours of GLH.
The qualification has been created to develop and reward those learners who are looking to or already have chosen a career in a business-related sector. We hope that centres and learners take the opportunity to learn a great deal from this programme that will provide relevant new skills and qualities.
It is envisaged that this programme will encourage both academic and professional devel-opment so that learners move forward to realise not just their own potential but also that of organisations across a broad range of sectors.
- An Introduction to the Business Environment
- Business Resources
- An Introduction to Marketing
- Human Resource Management
- Business Communication
- Understanding Health and Safety in the Business Workplace
- Managing Business Operations
- An Introduction to Finance
- An Introduction to Leadership Skills
- Organisational Culture
- Workplace Welfare
- Thinking Entrepreneurially
- The ability to read and use appropriate literature with a full and critical under-standing the ability to think independently and solve problems
- Apply subject knowledge and understanding to address familiar and unfamil-iar problems
- Recognise the moral and ethical issues of business practice and research; ap-preciating the need for ethical standards and professional codes of conduct
- An appreciation of the interdisciplinary nature of business and service provi-sion
- Capacity to give a clear and accurate account of a subject, in a mature way and engage in debate and dialogue both with specialists and non-specialists
- Transferable skills and knowledge that will enable individuals to meet changes in business
- To motivate individuals to progress to further professional development through future study or as part of their chosen career.
- qualifications at Level 2 and/or;
- work experience in a business environment and demonstrate ambition with clear career goals;
- Level 3 qualification in another discipline and want to develop their careers in management.